Posted by Replere on May. 30 at 11:51AM
As a dermatologist, Dr. Palmer has a lot of patients who come into her office with a specific goal, "How do I stay looking young?" I mean, we ALL want to stay looking like we are 25, right? Yes, there are state of the art, safe and effective procedures for patients at the office. And of course, you can use Replere skincare - and drink your Beauty Shooter daily - but Dr. Palmer also gives her patients a few lifestyle tips to help "stay young." Here are a few of our faves:
- Don't smoke—and try to avoid secondhand smoke. Smoke exposure, both on our skin and breathing it in, creates free-radical production that leads to the signs of aging.
- Floss every day! Good oral hygiene (which includes brushing and flossing) prevents inflammation of the gums (gingivitis), which can deplete oral antioxidants and lead to heart disease.
- Worry less, smile more! The stress caused by worrying leads to free radical production—and aging!
- Sleep at least 6 hours a night. Sleeping decreases stress hormones (which decreases free-radical production) and allows the body to repair itself.
- Take time out for your family. Relaxing with loved ones is a great way to de-stress—and decrease the production of free radicals.
We think this quote from Steve Maraboli sums it up: "Make the choice to embrace this day. Do not let your TODAY be stolen by the ghost of yesterday or the "To-Do" list of tomorrow! It’s inspiring to see all the wonderfully amazing things that can happen in a day in which you participate."
Happy Summer everyone!
Posted by Replere on Apr. 23 at 1:34PM
April can be such a tease. It gets warm, then it snows (hellllloooo Denver). We begin to see the burst of blooms, only to have it dip down to 30 degrees at night (ouch, poor flowers!). So while we may want to rush to summer, let's just stop, appreciate "spring" for what it is this year, and take a moment to reflect. In that spirit, here are a few of our favorite posts and projects from the past few weeks:
- REPLERE founder, Dr. Debbie Palmer, is one of only a few dermatologists in the country also trained in osteopathic medicine. This is a holistic philosophy and approach that relates each part of the body to the entire system. According to Dr. Palmer: “You cannot—and should not—treat a problem the skin is experiencing without looking at the condition of the entire body.” Want to know more about Dr. Palmer's background and philosophy? Click here.
- A study done by the USDA found that artichokes have more antioxidants than any other vegetable. Some of the powerful antioxidants in artichokes are quercetin, rutin, anthocyanins, cynarin, luteolin, and silymarin. Want to know more about antioxidants? We're pinning about them here.
- Do you suffer from dark circles around your eyes? One solution: apply Replere Lighten & Firm Eye Serum, with hyaluronic acid and olive oil and the antioxidants Coffea arabica extract, pine bark, goji and açai berries, grapeseed, pomegranate, green tea, and vitamins A, C, & E. Whew! That's a lot of potent ingredients!
- Mother's Day is fast approaching and we've got a DEAL JUST FOR YOU....Have you gotten any of the moms in your life a gift? Try the gift of glow -- yes, glow! Try our Replere Essentials: Dr. Palmer's three key product picks for new Replere users. Hurry...we're offering 15% off any Replere purchase through 4/12. Enter promo code MOM13 at checkout.
- Last but certainly not least....Did you miss Dr. Debbie Palmer's debut on QVC? Then hurry on back to our Home Page, where we posted the entire segment via our brand new YouTube Channel (!), featuring QVC Sprouts "Fan Favorite" Replere Deep Clean & Clarify Face Wash.
We are looking forward to May and all of the beauty it has to bring: from bright flowers to new fresh, organic fruits & veggies to a bit warmer weather. But remember, don't forget your SPF (rain, shine or clouds!).
Posted by Replere on Mar. 27 at 10:00AM
Just saw Dr. Palmer on QVC? Explore the entire Replere Collection and enjoy 15% off your entire purchase, now through April 1st. Enter SPRING13 at checkout.
Posted by Replere on Mar. 26 at 5:43PM
Maybe you went on Spring Break and forgot to check Facebook. Maybe you skimmed your Wall and missed a post. Or, like us, March just got away from you (like February). So we've compiled our Top Five Skincare Facts & Tips from the Replere Facebook page and put them right here for you. Easy!
Take a peek. And send us any questions you have. We're happy to help!
xo The Replere TeamRead More
Posted by Replere on Feb. 25 at 1:52PM
Did you know?
- All REPLERE products are free from chemical preservatives called parabens and are fragrance and dye-free—making them perfect for sensitive skin.
- A double-blind clinical study showed that, when used with REPLERE Deep Clean & Clarify Face Wash, Protect & Rejuvenate Day Lotion, and Lighten & Firm Eye Serum, the REPLERE Repair & Replenish Night Creme improved skin’s firmness, brightness, and clarity in just 6 weeks!
- Skin look lackluster after months of winter? Exfoliating (getting rid of the dulling dead cells found on the surface of skin) can help you look more radiant—almost instantly. An easy (non-messy) way to do it: swipe clean skin with a cotton pad saturated in REPLERE Pore Minimize & Mattify Skin Tonic, which contains three exfoliating acids.
- Beauty alert: Sure, it's a big trend to have longer, lusher lashes "sewn on" to your skimpy strands, but keep in mind that the glue used to attach them to the lids can trigger dry skin—and even an allergic reaction, says REPLERE founder Dr. Debbie Palmer.
- Looking for a healthy snack? Try goji berries (some are covered in dark chocolate); they're super high in antioxidants (why they're found in most REPLERE products). We love Vita Organic Foods' goji minis - raw, organic choclate + immune boosting goji berries.
We can't wait til March! How about you?
Posted by Replere on Jan. 15 at 2:37PM
Healthy Skin Tip #1: Pay attention to your skin and what it needs—don't just use a particular product because that's what you've always been using. Your skin changes every day, every week, every season, so this month toss products that aren't giving the results you need!Read More
Posted by Replere on Aug. 21 at 12:23PM
Summer is winding down, and whether we are ready for it or not, Fall is just around the corner! We've been indulging in locally-grown, organic fruits & vegetables available to us all summer long - berries, melons, tomatoes, peppers and more. It's been easier than ever to get our antioxidants every day. But we know that once school starts, our schedules ramp up, and the weather changes, it will get harder and harder to get those nutrients into our diets on a regular basis.
Our solution? REPLERE® BEAUTY SHOOTERS. One quick drink a day provides you with all of your daily recommended antioxidants. Just like that. They contain REPLERE's signature ingredient - Coffea arabica extract - which provides a re-energizing and revitalizing lift to your morning (or afternoon!). Drink as a "shot" or mix with water or juice. Because they don't require refrigeration, Beauty Shooters are easy to carry in your handbag, gym bag or even diaper bag or keep in your desk at work.
Start your Beauty Shooter routine today and get a jump start on Fall. You'll look and feel so fresh and vibrant, your friends will wonder what you've been up to all summer!Read More
Posted by Dr. Debbie Palmer on Jun. 26 at 4:33PM
This week, Replere Deep Clean & Clarify Face Wash is featured on QVC "Sprouts" online! In order for the Face Wash to be selected for Dr. Palmer to take it on QVC TV, we need your VOTE…
So, please, show your support and vote for Replere on QVC Sprouts today!
Go to QVC and type "sprouts" into the search box. You'll see a message in the big green box that says, "Make Your Picks." Click on that, and you should see the Replere Face Wash in a list of three products.
Here's the important part -- please click to vote YES for Replere Face Wash and feel free to leave a comment if you love the product.
You can only vote once per device (that means you can vote YES on your laptop, your phone and your tablet), and every vote counts!
Voting ends at noon on Friday, June 29th.
Dr. Debbie Palmer
Posted by Dr. Debbie Palmer on Jun. 06 at 2:49PM
Hi everyone! Tomorrow, on June 7th, I will be presenting the Replere study at the 2012 6th World Congress on Polyphenols.. It is my first time in Paris, and I'm really excited to be here, finally!
I am meeting with antioxidant experts from around the world, and seeing Marvin Edeas, the chairman of the ISANH (International Society of Antioxidants in Nutrition and Health).
Of course, I packed tons of Beauty Shooters for the trip and my walking shoes! I've been walking all over Paris -- whenever I'm not at the conference or presenting. I love the architecture, art, shopping and museums....and eating the food!
Me, at the Louvre today-
Posted by Replere on Jun. 02 at 10:28AM
Q: We’ve heard a lot of talk about antioxidants being good for the body—and the skin. But if I’m a healthy person, and I take my daily supplements, do I really need antioxidants too?
Dr. Palmer: We all need—and use—oxygen to live. After we breathe it in, oxygen travels from our lungs to every cell in our body, helping to turn food into energy.
But oxygen can also have negative effects, whether you’re healthy or not. Body cells are stable when their molecules have a full set of electrons. When oxygen enters the picture, though, they can lose an electron, becoming unstable or oxidized—the same chemical reaction that causes metal to rust. Losing an electron to a passing oxygen molecule converts that cell’s molecule to an unstable, and damaging, atom known as a free radical.
Antioxidants are the body’s main defense against free radicals. Antioxidants—which can be produced in the body or be obtained from food sources or, in the case of the skin, from topical products—donate missing electrons to free radicals and return them to a normal state.
Q: Why are free radicals so bad?
Dr. Palmer: Free radicals attack cells in the body. These attacks change the structure and function of cells and how they work. Cellular damage caused by free radicals is a key part of the aging process—and may even contribute to the development of some of our most prevalent diseases, including coronary artery disease and cancer.
When it comes to the skin, free radicals stimulate the production of enzymes, which break down collagen and elastin—triggering premature aging (wrinkles and sagging skin).
Q: Aren’t free radicals caused by sun exposure?
Dr. Palmer: Yes, free radicals can be created in the body as a result of exposure to ultraviolet light (through sunlight or a tanning booth). But they can also be triggered through environmental exposure to cigarette smoke (breathing in secondhand smoke or even simply having it pass over the skin), car exhaust, factory pollution, pesticides (in our food and water supply), and insecticides (used in the home, our yards, and in the environment around us).
Poor diet (not eating enough fruits and vegetables and/or eating foods high in bad fats) can lead to the production of free radicals—as can lack of sleep and stress. Free radicals can also be formed while digesting large meals—why eating small, frequent meals is best.
Even exercise—though it’s good for you—causes an increase in free radical production. Because of this, it’s important to consume a diet high in antioxidants and to apply antioxidant products daily to your skin.
Posted by Replere on May. 25 at 5:28PM
We are pleased to announce that the Replere collection, including new Replere Beauty Shooters, is now available at Finch's Drug in Ryebrook, NY and Greenwich Pharmacy in Greenwich, CT.
Posted by Dr. Debbie Palmer on Feb. 13 at 8:11PM
Dr. Debbie Palmer was on the radio on, January 26th discussing "winterizing your skin"...basically, how to keep your skin looking and feeling healthy, glow-y, smooth - and safe when it's cold, dry and blustery outside.Read More
Posted by Dr. Debbie Palmer on Feb. 01 at 1:12PM
The Félag Islenskra Húðlækna (Icelandic Dermatological Association) welcomed me as I presented the study results and benefits of Replere.
Posted by Dr. Debbie Palmer on Sep. 28 at 8:12PM
I recently was asked a few great questions by a new Replere user.Read More
Posted by Dr. Debbie Palmer on Sep. 13 at 5:25PM
Welcome to the launch of Replere! This skin care line contains multiple natural antioxidant ingredients, including Coffea arabica extract. Give it a try and let me know what you think!