Posted by Replere on Nov. 05 at 1:59PM
Welcome to REPLERE!
Recently we passed the 3,000 “Like” mark on our Facebook page – woohoo! Facebook is an active, thriving community of Replere friends & family, and it’s a place where we choose to share daily thoughts, inspirations, ideas and sometimes a recipe or two, as well as important information about Replere products. Still, we thought this might be a great time to talk about the backbone of Replere skincare – antioxidants – in more depth, for those who are new to the brand, the products and its philosophy.
A few quick Replere® facts:
• Created by dermatologist and leading antioxidant expert Dr. Debbie Palmer, REPLERE skincare products are formulated with Coffea arabica extract (or Green Coffee Extract), the un-ripened berry of the coffee plant, which is a top dietary source of antioxidants. They also contain a mix of other potent antioxidants including pine bark, goji and açai berries, grapeseed, pomegranate, green tea, and vitamins A, C, & E.
• REPLERE’s exclusive blend of antioxidants neutralizes age-accelerating free radicals—created from exposure to sunlight, pollution (including secondhand cigarette smoke and car exhaust), emotional and physical stress, poor diet, and even exercise. In doing so, they slow down aging of the skin.
• REPLERE® crème formulas are packaged in airless containers to avoid decreased potency from air exposure - and bacterial contamination - that can occur though daily use. The REPLERE collection is also paraben, fragrance, BPA and dye-free. REPLERE products are vegan and never, ever tested on animals.
“I developed REPLERE as a collection of repair products for your skin, ” says REPLERE founder Dr. Debbie Palmer. “They are designed to be applied to the skin first, under your moisturizer, and in weeks, they will make a visible difference in the overall appearance of your skin.”Read More
Posted by Replere on Sep. 05 at 10:00AM
September can be a stressful month. For many, September means back to school. For others, it's Fashion Week. For all of us, it means packed schedules, increased work travel, transitioning to fall wardrobes, cleaning out closets, school supply lists (which seem to get longer and longer every year!). The days get shorter, the weather cooler. All of a sudden it takes twice as long to get out the door. The increased stress takes a toll on our skin -- and we're not just talking about fine lines, wrinkles and dark circles!
Stress can lead to increased secretion of stress hormones -- in both adults and kids. And the result? ACNE.
We're here with good news about acne, though. Based on new research, the dermatology community is re-thinking what causes it and how to treat it -- on the inside & on your skin. The secret? Antioxidants, which can be used to treat acne both orally and topically.
Which we think is great news...since antioxidants are our specialty! And since antioxidants are all-natural, healthy, safe and effective, it's a breakthrough method of treatment for acne sufferers of all ages.
So what's new?
Acne vulgaris is a common dermatologic condition. It is characterized by sebum overproduction, follicular hyperkeratinization and inflammation. Over the past year, we have learned that all acne is inflammatory and that patients with acne are under increased skin and systemic oxidative stress from this inflammation. Research has shown that the normal antioxidant defense system becomes overwhelmed in acne patients from this oxidative stress and that antioxidants are consumed at a faster pace, both in the skin and systemically (as seen in lab blood tests). Recent evidence suggests that inflammation might actually precede all of the other steps in what causes acne. As a result, acne sufferers may benefit from treatment with both topical and oral antioxidants to neutralize the inflammation and replace the normal reserves.
Recently, Dr. Palmer introduced the REPLERE® Acne Solutions Kit, after several months of working with her acne-prone patients. Because REPLERE is packed with antioxidants, such as Coffea arabica extract, they are an ideal topical and oral treatment for acne – powerful, all natural and suitable for all skin types.
"My acne patients on both traditional treatments and oral and topical antioxidant treatments are telling me that their acne has never been better. Some have even stopped some of their traditional treatments because they are doing so well. They often tell me that they are addicted to their new antioxidant regimen! I'm pleased that the antioxidant regimen (our new Replere Acne Solutions Kit) is effectively addressing the acne pathway close to the root and in a natural way."
The REPLERE Acne Solutions Kit, $107 (10% off suggested retail price of the three products), comes complete with:
• REPLERE Deep Clean & Clarify Face Wash ($38) contains the powerful antioxidants Coffea arabica extract (berry from the coffee plant), green tea, and vitamins A and E, as well as exfoliating glycolic, salicylic, and azelaic acids. This cleanser not only helps to restore antioxidant levels on the skin (particularly when left on for at least three minutes), but it also exfoliates dead skin cells that can clog pores.
• REPLERE Pore Minimize & Mattify Skin Tonic ($42) a non-drying alcohol-free formula, contains the powerful antioxidants Coffea arabica extract, green tea, grapeseed, and rosemary. It also contains exfoliating glycolic, salicylic, and azelaic acids to cleanse pores and help dissolve oil.
• REPLERE Restore & Fortify Beauty Shooters ($37 for 14, one-ounce single-serve bottles) feed your body—and your skin—from the inside. Each one contains the powerful antioxidants Coffea arabica extract, resveratrol, camu camu (a vitamin C-packed fruit), goji and açai berries, chokeberry, blueberries and pomegranate.
“These products are effective on their own if you have mild acne,” says Dr. Debbie Palmer. “If you have more severe acne, these products work well with any doctor-prescribed acne treatments like oral (and topical) antibiotics and Retin-A. In fact, I’ve seen better results from treatments like this when my patients were also using topical and oral antioxidants.”
REPLERE® products are paraben, fragrance, and dye-free, as well as vegan, cruelty-free and BPA free.
Posted by Replere on Sep. 04 at 9:33AM
Bye bye Summer! Just like that it's September. It happened so fast we didn't get a chance to review August, so let's do it while we can still taste the freshness of the produce, the days are still long(ish) and memories of Labor Day BBQs & bike rides haven't faded away.
Here are some of our August faves that we thought deserved a re-post. They're kind of our transitional mantras -- things that are helping us "fall forward" gracefully, healthfully and beautifully:
- Eat organic, minimally processed foods. They reduce the amount of free radicals produced by the body.
- Our go-to, works with any salad or veggie vinaigrette: Whisk together extra virgin olive oil, rice wine vinegar, along with minced garlic, chives, tarragon, dill, and parsley (or your favorite antioxidant-rich fresh herbs). No salt necessary!
- Cooking and ordering more fish. Most fish—and even oysters—are chockfull of omega-3 fatty acids, which help with circulation, and the antioxidant zinc, which helps with new cell production.
Ramp up your daily skin maintenance with a few simple rituals:
Keep a bottle of alcohol-free REPLERE Pore Minimize & Mattify Skin Tonic at your desk; then just use a cotton pad to swipe over skin. It cleans pores, exfoliates, and reduces the appearance of shine.
- Layer your daily sunscreen over REPLERE Protect & Rejuvenate Day Lotion, which contains UV-protective antioxidants Coffea arabica extract, pine bark, goji and açai berries, grapeseed, pomegranate, green tea, and vitamins A, C & E.
- Take a Beauty Shooter daily to get your recommended dose of antioxidants. So easy!
- Try to get some sleep! A new study found that people who don't get enough sleep are more likely to have poorer skin health and skin that ages more quickly. The reason, researchers theorize: Poor sleepers hold onto inflammation longer.
- "I'm one workout away from a great mood." Agree? Yes, we do!
Do YOU have any Fall mantras you want to share with us? Post them in the Comments section and we'll re-post to the Replere Facebook Page!
"Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness." -D.H. Lawrence
Posted by Replere on Aug. 01 at 1:01PM
Whether you are at the beach, out for a bike ride, swimming in the lake, playing tennis, hiking the trails or walking the dog, you are undoubtedly in the sun at some point this summer. We'll take your word for it that you are covered in UVA/UVB protection from head to toe, including a hat! Right? Great.
But even the most dedicated SPF wearers need a little boost of protection, a little help recovering from a long day in the sun or even a quick way to get our daily antioxidants to fight off free radicals (i.e., those pesky agents of aging).
Dr. Debbie Palmer created Replere with all of this in mind. She sees patients every day who suffer from too much sun time - intentional or not (hey, a little vitamin D is good for all of us). REPLERE is packed with antioxidants to not only help repair but also to protect.
Here are a few tips to help battle the summer sun:
- Heading out for the weekend? Be sure to pack sunscreen—and your REPLERE Protect & Rejuvenate Day Lotion. You need to layer both on your skin to get full protection from the sun's free-radical-triggering UV rays.
- Pack your REPLERE Pore Minimize & Mattify Skin Tonic in your beach bag—to reduce shine and fortify your skin with the antioxidants Coffea arabica extract, green tea, grapeseed, and rosemary.
- Be sure to apply REPLERE Repair & Replenish Night Crème each night before going to sleep. It helps to repair free radical damage from daily exposure to the sun's UV rays.
- Did you know? A single person produces an average of 5 pounds of free radicals each year from breathing air and digesting food. Gues what? it's super easy to combat those free radicals....take your REPLERE Restore & Fortify Beauty Shooters every day! One serving a day delivers your recommended daily dose of antioxidants, including: Coffea arabica extract, resveratrol, camu camu (a vitamin C-packed fruit), goji & açai berries, chokeberry, blueberries and pomegranate. DELISH!
And while you are enjoying all this outdoor time, take along a healthy snack.
Here's a suggestion...Enjoy! xo
"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead." — Louisa May Alcott
Posted by Replere on Jun. 28 at 12:41PM
Dr. Palmer is one of only several hundred dermatologists in the country also trained in osteopathic medicine—a holistic philosophy and approach that relates each part of the body to the entire system. According to Dr. Palmer, “You cannot—and should not—treat a problem the skin is experiencing without looking at the condition of the entire body.” What you eat, your lifestyle, the amount of sleep you get -- these are all important factors that relate to your skin and its overall healthy appearance. That's why we talk so much about antioxidants in food: an important factor to keep your skin glowing and radiant. Just like applying antioxidants to your skin daily (try Replere!).
We could go on and on about antioxidants and healthy foods/habits for healthy skin, so we've picked our five favorites this month to highlight:
- Good rule of thumb: Eat at least 5 servings of antioxidant- and nutrient-rich fresh fruits and veggies every day.
- Fruits and vegetables treated with pesticides, as well as processed foods, can generate free radicals in the body. Eating organic, minimally processed foods reduces the amount of free radicals produced by the body.
- Did you know that just one tablespoon of fresh oregano has the same antioxidant activity as a medium-sized apple? Be sure to add fresh oregano (or dill, thyme, or rosemary) to your dishes for a free-radical-fighting punch!
- Snack on a nectarine. It's high in the disease-busting antioxidants beta-carotene, vitamin C, and lutein.
- Try adding papaya to your summer berry smoothies. Like berries, it's chockfull of antioxidants. (For the most antioxidants, make sure the fruit is fully ripened before eating.)
- OK, one extra -- because it's so yummy: Dr. Debbie Palmer's recipe for Antioxidant-Rich Stuffed Grape Leaves: Mix 1 lb. hamburger with finely chopped onions, 1 cup rice, finely chopped parsley, peeled/stewed tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Place a small amount of the mixture in the center of a grape leaf, and wrap. Place leaves in Dutch oven and fill half way with water. Add a few tablespoons of olive oil and lemon juice. Place a plate on leaves to weigh them down. Boil about 45 minutes. Serve with cool yogurt dip (mince one small garlic clove with 2 cups organic whole milk yogurt).
We'd like to hear from you....Send us YOUR favorite healthy eating tips or recipes! You can post them in the comments section below.
Have a great July!
"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." --Gordon B. Hinckley
Posted by Replere on May. 30 at 11:51AM
As a dermatologist, Dr. Palmer has a lot of patients who come into her office with a specific goal, "How do I stay looking young?" I mean, we ALL want to stay looking like we are 25, right? Yes, there are state of the art, safe and effective procedures for patients at the office. And of course, you can use Replere skincare - and drink your Beauty Shooter daily - but Dr. Palmer also gives her patients a few lifestyle tips to help "stay young." Here are a few of our faves:
- Don't smoke—and try to avoid secondhand smoke. Smoke exposure, both on our skin and breathing it in, creates free-radical production that leads to the signs of aging.
- Floss every day! Good oral hygiene (which includes brushing and flossing) prevents inflammation of the gums (gingivitis), which can deplete oral antioxidants and lead to heart disease.
- Worry less, smile more! The stress caused by worrying leads to free radical production—and aging!
- Sleep at least 6 hours a night. Sleeping decreases stress hormones (which decreases free-radical production) and allows the body to repair itself.
- Take time out for your family. Relaxing with loved ones is a great way to de-stress—and decrease the production of free radicals.
We think this quote from Steve Maraboli sums it up: "Make the choice to embrace this day. Do not let your TODAY be stolen by the ghost of yesterday or the "To-Do" list of tomorrow! It’s inspiring to see all the wonderfully amazing things that can happen in a day in which you participate."
Happy Summer everyone!
Posted by Replere on Apr. 23 at 1:34PM
April can be such a tease. It gets warm, then it snows (hellllloooo Denver). We begin to see the burst of blooms, only to have it dip down to 30 degrees at night (ouch, poor flowers!). So while we may want to rush to summer, let's just stop, appreciate "spring" for what it is this year, and take a moment to reflect. In that spirit, here are a few of our favorite posts and projects from the past few weeks:
- REPLERE founder, Dr. Debbie Palmer, is one of only a few dermatologists in the country also trained in osteopathic medicine. This is a holistic philosophy and approach that relates each part of the body to the entire system. According to Dr. Palmer: “You cannot—and should not—treat a problem the skin is experiencing without looking at the condition of the entire body.” Want to know more about Dr. Palmer's background and philosophy? Click here.
- A study done by the USDA found that artichokes have more antioxidants than any other vegetable. Some of the powerful antioxidants in artichokes are quercetin, rutin, anthocyanins, cynarin, luteolin, and silymarin. Want to know more about antioxidants? We're pinning about them here.
- Do you suffer from dark circles around your eyes? One solution: apply Replere Lighten & Firm Eye Serum, with hyaluronic acid and olive oil and the antioxidants Coffea arabica extract, pine bark, goji and açai berries, grapeseed, pomegranate, green tea, and vitamins A, C, & E. Whew! That's a lot of potent ingredients!
- Mother's Day is fast approaching and we've got a DEAL JUST FOR YOU....Have you gotten any of the moms in your life a gift? Try the gift of glow -- yes, glow! Try our Replere Essentials: Dr. Palmer's three key product picks for new Replere users. Hurry...we're offering 15% off any Replere purchase through 4/12. Enter promo code MOM13 at checkout.
- Last but certainly not least....Did you miss Dr. Debbie Palmer's debut on QVC? Then hurry on back to our Home Page, where we posted the entire segment via our brand new YouTube Channel (!), featuring QVC Sprouts "Fan Favorite" Replere Deep Clean & Clarify Face Wash.
We are looking forward to May and all of the beauty it has to bring: from bright flowers to new fresh, organic fruits & veggies to a bit warmer weather. But remember, don't forget your SPF (rain, shine or clouds!).
Posted by Replere on Mar. 27 at 10:00AM
Just saw Dr. Palmer on QVC? Explore the entire Replere Collection and enjoy 15% off your entire purchase, now through April 1st. Enter SPRING13 at checkout.
Posted by Replere on Mar. 26 at 5:43PM
Maybe you went on Spring Break and forgot to check Facebook. Maybe you skimmed your Wall and missed a post. Or, like us, March just got away from you (like February). So we've compiled our Top Five Skincare Facts & Tips from the Replere Facebook page and put them right here for you. Easy!
Take a peek. And send us any questions you have. We're happy to help!
xo The Replere TeamRead More
Posted by Replere on Feb. 25 at 1:52PM
Did you know?
- All REPLERE products are free from chemical preservatives called parabens and are fragrance and dye-free—making them perfect for sensitive skin.
- A double-blind clinical study showed that, when used with REPLERE Deep Clean & Clarify Face Wash, Protect & Rejuvenate Day Lotion, and Lighten & Firm Eye Serum, the REPLERE Repair & Replenish Night Creme improved skin’s firmness, brightness, and clarity in just 6 weeks!
- Skin look lackluster after months of winter? Exfoliating (getting rid of the dulling dead cells found on the surface of skin) can help you look more radiant—almost instantly. An easy (non-messy) way to do it: swipe clean skin with a cotton pad saturated in REPLERE Pore Minimize & Mattify Skin Tonic, which contains three exfoliating acids.
- Beauty alert: Sure, it's a big trend to have longer, lusher lashes "sewn on" to your skimpy strands, but keep in mind that the glue used to attach them to the lids can trigger dry skin—and even an allergic reaction, says REPLERE founder Dr. Debbie Palmer.
- Looking for a healthy snack? Try goji berries (some are covered in dark chocolate); they're super high in antioxidants (why they're found in most REPLERE products). We love Vita Organic Foods' goji minis - raw, organic choclate + immune boosting goji berries.
We can't wait til March! How about you?
Posted by Replere on Jan. 15 at 2:37PM
Healthy Skin Tip #1: Pay attention to your skin and what it needs—don't just use a particular product because that's what you've always been using. Your skin changes every day, every week, every season, so this month toss products that aren't giving the results you need!Read More
Posted by Replere on Aug. 21 at 12:23PM
Summer is winding down, and whether we are ready for it or not, Fall is just around the corner! We've been indulging in locally-grown, organic fruits & vegetables available to us all summer long - berries, melons, tomatoes, peppers and more. It's been easier than ever to get our antioxidants every day. But we know that once school starts, our schedules ramp up, and the weather changes, it will get harder and harder to get those nutrients into our diets on a regular basis.
Our solution? REPLERE® BEAUTY SHOOTERS. One quick drink a day provides you with all of your daily recommended antioxidants. Just like that. They contain REPLERE's signature ingredient - Coffea arabica extract - which provides a re-energizing and revitalizing lift to your morning (or afternoon!). Drink as a "shot" or mix with water or juice. Because they don't require refrigeration, Beauty Shooters are easy to carry in your handbag, gym bag or even diaper bag or keep in your desk at work.
Start your Beauty Shooter routine today and get a jump start on Fall. You'll look and feel so fresh and vibrant, your friends will wonder what you've been up to all summer!Read More
Posted by Dr. Debbie Palmer on Jun. 26 at 4:33PM
This week, Replere Deep Clean & Clarify Face Wash is featured on QVC "Sprouts" online! In order for the Face Wash to be selected for Dr. Palmer to take it on QVC TV, we need your VOTE…
So, please, show your support and vote for Replere on QVC Sprouts today!
Go to QVC and type "sprouts" into the search box. You'll see a message in the big green box that says, "Make Your Picks." Click on that, and you should see the Replere Face Wash in a list of three products.
Here's the important part -- please click to vote YES for Replere Face Wash and feel free to leave a comment if you love the product.
You can only vote once per device (that means you can vote YES on your laptop, your phone and your tablet), and every vote counts!
Voting ends at noon on Friday, June 29th.
Dr. Debbie Palmer
Posted by Dr. Debbie Palmer on Jun. 06 at 2:49PM
Hi everyone! Tomorrow, on June 7th, I will be presenting the Replere study at the 2012 6th World Congress on Polyphenols.. It is my first time in Paris, and I'm really excited to be here, finally!
I am meeting with antioxidant experts from around the world, and seeing Marvin Edeas, the chairman of the ISANH (International Society of Antioxidants in Nutrition and Health).
Of course, I packed tons of Beauty Shooters for the trip and my walking shoes! I've been walking all over Paris -- whenever I'm not at the conference or presenting. I love the architecture, art, shopping and museums....and eating the food!
Me, at the Louvre today-
Posted by Replere on Jun. 02 at 10:28AM
Q: We’ve heard a lot of talk about antioxidants being good for the body—and the skin. But if I’m a healthy person, and I take my daily supplements, do I really need antioxidants too?
Dr. Palmer: We all need—and use—oxygen to live. After we breathe it in, oxygen travels from our lungs to every cell in our body, helping to turn food into energy.
But oxygen can also have negative effects, whether you’re healthy or not. Body cells are stable when their molecules have a full set of electrons. When oxygen enters the picture, though, they can lose an electron, becoming unstable or oxidized—the same chemical reaction that causes metal to rust. Losing an electron to a passing oxygen molecule converts that cell’s molecule to an unstable, and damaging, atom known as a free radical.
Antioxidants are the body’s main defense against free radicals. Antioxidants—which can be produced in the body or be obtained from food sources or, in the case of the skin, from topical products—donate missing electrons to free radicals and return them to a normal state.
Q: Why are free radicals so bad?
Dr. Palmer: Free radicals attack cells in the body. These attacks change the structure and function of cells and how they work. Cellular damage caused by free radicals is a key part of the aging process—and may even contribute to the development of some of our most prevalent diseases, including coronary artery disease and cancer.
When it comes to the skin, free radicals stimulate the production of enzymes, which break down collagen and elastin—triggering premature aging (wrinkles and sagging skin).
Q: Aren’t free radicals caused by sun exposure?
Dr. Palmer: Yes, free radicals can be created in the body as a result of exposure to ultraviolet light (through sunlight or a tanning booth). But they can also be triggered through environmental exposure to cigarette smoke (breathing in secondhand smoke or even simply having it pass over the skin), car exhaust, factory pollution, pesticides (in our food and water supply), and insecticides (used in the home, our yards, and in the environment around us).
Poor diet (not eating enough fruits and vegetables and/or eating foods high in bad fats) can lead to the production of free radicals—as can lack of sleep and stress. Free radicals can also be formed while digesting large meals—why eating small, frequent meals is best.
Even exercise—though it’s good for you—causes an increase in free radical production. Because of this, it’s important to consume a diet high in antioxidants and to apply antioxidant products daily to your skin.
Posted by Replere on May. 25 at 5:28PM
We are pleased to announce that the Replere collection, including new Replere Beauty Shooters, is now available at Finch's Drug in Ryebrook, NY and Greenwich Pharmacy in Greenwich, CT.
Posted by Dr. Debbie Palmer on Feb. 13 at 8:11PM
Dr. Debbie Palmer was on the radio on, January 26th discussing "winterizing your skin"...basically, how to keep your skin looking and feeling healthy, glow-y, smooth - and safe when it's cold, dry and blustery outside.Read More
Posted by Dr. Debbie Palmer on Feb. 01 at 1:12PM
The Félag Islenskra Húðlækna (Icelandic Dermatological Association) welcomed me as I presented the study results and benefits of Replere.
Posted by Dr. Debbie Palmer on Sep. 28 at 8:12PM
I recently was asked a few great questions by a new Replere user.Read More
Posted by Dr. Debbie Palmer on Sep. 13 at 5:25PM
Welcome to the launch of Replere! This skin care line contains multiple natural antioxidant ingredients, including Coffea arabica extract. Give it a try and let me know what you think!